Healthy Weight Week Tips – 2017
In celebration of Healthy Weight Week 2017, Urban Health Plan prepared the following health tips to help you learn how to make healthy eating choices that can lead to your best health.
Healthy Weight Week Tips:
- Eat three meals a day! Skipping meals, especially breakfast can cause you to eat more later in the day.
- Stop eating when you feel satisfied, not full. Try eating slower, taking smaller bites and savor your food at meal times rather than watching TV or playing with your phone.
- Make healthy snacks easy to find in your kitchen. Keep fresh carrots sticks, apples, berries or unsalted nuts ready to go.
- Make a plan for the week. Planning your meals, chopping your favorite fruit and vegetables and packing your snacks ahead of time will help you save time on busy days and make healthier choices more often.
- Be a smart shopper! Create a shopping list before going to the grocery store and try to stick to it. Try to avoid the unhealthy items at the end of the isles and at the checkout counter.
- Drink water! Skip the sugary drinks! Limiting intake of sugar-sweetened beverages such as soda, juices, or sweetened iced-teas. Instead, squeeze the juice of a lemon, lime or orange or flavor your water with your favorite fruit.