Get to know Urban Health Plan.
Who we are:
- Founded in 1974
- Licensed by the State of New York and accredited by the Joint Commission.
- Member of the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) and the Community Health Care Association of New York State (CHCANYS)
- A network of federally qualified community health centers located in the South Bronx, Central Harlem and in Corona, Queens consisting of ten clinical sites, eleven school-based health centers and three administrative and program sites.
- National Health Service Corps site
- Services: primary care, specialty, diagnostic, ancillary and support services to more than 78,800 registered patients through more than 374,000 visits.
- Our health improvement initiatives including a nationally acclaimed asthma management program, programs for diabetes management, geriatrics, nutrition, HIV/AIDS care, and mental health services.
- One of the first community health centers in New York to use electronic medical records
- Currently using iris recognition technology to identify patients.
Accomplishments and recognitions:
- The National Exemplary Award from the United States Environmental Protection Agency in 2006 for efforts to reduce asthma rates in the Hunts Point community in the Bronx.
- The Nicholas E. Davies Award for Excellence from the Health Information Management Systems Society for excellence in the use of electronic health records.
- Level 3 recognition as a Physician Practice Connections – Patient-Centered Medical Home (PPC-PCMH) from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). Level 3 recognition is the highest awarded by the NCQA.
UHP is affiliated with the following hospitals:
- Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
- Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Elmhurst Hospital Center
- Long Island Jewish Forest Hills Hospital
- Mount Sinai Health System