854 Hunts Point Avenue
Bronx , New York 10474
Hours of Operation
Project HOPE’s role is to ensure that the workforce development center is market-driven and responsive to meeting the employment and training needs of both job seekers and employers. It also serves as a point of contact for business, industry and the public sector to identify solutions that address their workforce needs.
Urban Health Plan’s Workforce Development Center- Project HOPE assists job seekers with life-long resources that include career planning, job placement, schooling, economic support and retraining.
The Workforce Center promotes strategies to encourage life-long learning and improve workplace skills. It assists in the development of new training programs to benefit the workfoce and coordinate with businesses to promote the community’s availability of qualified workers. It also equips residents with the tools, strategies and resources to create their own career action plan.
Project HOPE’s in-depth orientation includes discussion of self-assessment career tools, impact of job loss, creating a resume and developing your personal career path.
- Job Search Skills – A workshop that gives tips on effective job search methods, plus how to use labor market information in your job search, and how to identify your transferrable skills.
- Basic and Advanced Resume Writing – The workshops inform community residents about the different types of resumes and when to use them, plus personal branding and marketing yourself to employers.
- Interviewing – An interviewing skills workshop that prepares community residents for all phases of interviewing that also includes practicing the skills learned by conducting mock interviews.
- Networking – A networking skills workshop provides current strategies for effective networking.
- High School Completion Programs: Preparation to pass the High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) requirements or the General Education Development (GED) testing (if over 18 and out of school).
- English as a Second Language: English instruction to read, write, communicate and solve problems at a level necessary to function on the job, school or in society.
- Financial Literacy – This workshop provides residents with tools to create an effective budget.
- Health Care: Health Navigators provide health insurance information to low-income families, children and pregnant women to help keep families healthy.
Project HOPE also serves as a referral center for Bella Vista Health Center and Bella Vista Community Health Center and partners with other Hunts Point-based community organizations.