Important Changes Are Coming Soon to New York Medicaid, Child Health Plus and the Essential Plan!
Urban Health Plan wants to help keep you covered!
Starting in Spring 2023, New York State will restart eligibility verifications to make sure enrollees still qualify for Medicaid, Child Health Plus and the Essential Plan.
This means you may need to take action to renew your health insurance or your family’s insurance!
How will you know if these changes affect you?
When it is your turn to renew your benefits, you will receive a letter from NY State of Health or a renewal packet if you enrolled through a Medicaid office. This letter/packet will let you know what you need to do to renew your coverage and how much time you have to respond.
Here is what you should do now!
- Sign up for text alerts.
- Sign up to receive text alerts from NY State of Health so you don’t miss important health insurance updates, including when it’s time to renew your coverage.
- To subscribe, text START to 1-866-988-0327
- Make sure your address is up to date.
- Make sure NY State of Health or your local Medicaid office has your current mailing address, phone number and email address so they can contact you about your health insurance.
- If you have insurance with NY State of Health, you can Call 1-855-355-5777
- Or log into your account at nystateofhealth.ny.gov
- If you have Medicaid through New York City’s Human Resources Administration (HRA), contact your local office with your address and contact information.
Urban Health Plan is here to help you!
Did you receive a renewal packet, a letter, or an alert and need assistance with recertifying?
Do you have questions?
Call Urban Health Plan: 718 589-4755
Monday- Friday 8:30 am – 4 pm
Or complete the form below to request to connect with an Urban Health Plan Insurance Navigator.
Yes. I would like a Urban Health Plan Insurance Navigator to contact me!
Links to Resources