Patients are responsible for working with medical staff to get the best care possible. We expect that our patients assume the following responsibilities:
Provision of Information
- The patient has the responsibility to provide, to the best of his/her knowledge, accurate and complete information about present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters relating to his/her health.
Compliance with Instructions
- The patient is responsible for following the treatment plan recommended by the practitioner primarily responsible for his/her care. The patient is responsible for keeping appointments. The patient is also responsible for expressing any concerns about his/her ability to follow and comply with care of treatment, including understanding his/her medications, treatment or care plans.
Refusal of Treatment
- The patient assumes responsibility if he/she refuses treatment or does not follow the practitioner’s instructions, as long as he/she is made aware of the consequences.
- The patient is responsible for asking questions when he/she does not understand what he/she has been told about his/her care or what he/she is expected to do.
- The patient is responsible for telling the doctor, nurse or patient advocate if there are problems with the care given or that his/her needs are not being met.
Community Health Center Charges
The patient is responsible for either providing the health center with all documentation that will help assure that the financial obligations of his/her health care are fulfilled as promptly as possible or his/her financial obligations are being met as promptly as possible.
Community Health Center Rules and Regulations
The patient is responsible for following health center rules and regulations affecting patient care and conduct.
Respect and Consideration
The patient is responsible for being considerate of the rights of other patients and health center associates, for assisting in the control of noise and for being respectful of the property of other persons and of the health center. He/she is responsible for treating associates and other patients in a respectful manner.
No Smoking Policy
The patient has the responsibility to abide by the health center’s policy of no smoking.